Having sensitive skin is hard to handle and what makes things even more difficult would be the fact of being diagnosed as having an allergy to gluten, also known as celiac. But you have to ask yourself, how will you maintain a gluten free skin care regime? Most of the beauty and cosmetic products in the market today contain gluten, which may have an effect on those who are allergic to it.
It is very important to be wise with every product choice you purchase. Having a celiac condition is very challenging; you need to be careful about which types of skin care products you utilize. Using gluten containing cosmetics and skin care products are not a problem, unless you take it orally or if the product comes in contact with your mouth. Such products would include gluten containing dental products, lipsticks, health capsules and more. It is always advisable to verify the ingredients of each product in order to ensure that it is gluten free.
Some people may develop celiac disease called dermatitis herpetiformis (DH), which may cause itchiness of the skin and a blistering rash. There are several products to be found within the market today that are gluten free. Those with allergic reactions to gluten now have the option of still maintaining their skin care regime utilizing these specialized products.
Celiac disease skin care regiment takes more care to maintain than a normal non-allergic persons regimen. Ingestion of gluten containing products is the main cause for DH. If you develop a skin rash due to using such products, the best advice would be to consult a dermatologist immediately. In the same breathe, there are many who have celiac disease but do not have a reaction on their skin in the form of a rash or blisters. It’s always best to watch what you put onto your skin and also what you consume in order to avoid an allergic reaction.
Gluten is commonly found in rye, wheat and barley. Such products should be avoided in your diet. Though according to clinical research, there’s no evidence that proves that gluten carrying cosmetic products such as creams and such, when applied to the skin, will pass through topically penetrating the blood stream, resulting in gluten sensitivity.
What to do if you have ingested gluten by mistake?
Once gluten is ingested, the disease will immediately take effect, resulting in abnormalities within your immune system. There are various medications available for such reactions, depending on its severity and need. To soothe your skin due to irritation, you may try or experiment with your diet to ease the inflammation. One basic way to reduce the adverse reaction is to drink plenty of water. It may help to flush toxins out of your body and can make your skin clear at the same time. Avoid drinking alcohol and sugar beverages. If you are hesitant with your diet and you don’t know how to take care of your skin against gluten containing products, it best to have a talk with your dermatologist about it. Researching about celiac disease skin care will be of great help too in maintaining a gluten free lifestyle and skin care regime.
If there were a fountain of youth, people – not only women – would be dying to find it. Unfortunately, there is no evidence that such a thing exists, so men and women alike would have to rely on products that could keep their skin looking young and fresh. Yes, not only women love to keep their skin looking supple and firm, as men are joining this trend in the droves. Below are some secrets of anti-aging skin care for men.
Getting Rid of Lines and Wrinkles
When you say anti-aging, you are more likely referring to mens skin care products that can prevent or get rid of facial lines and wrinkles. Luckily, you do not need expensive procedures or artificial solutions such as Botox to remove those nasty lines. You just have to make sure that your skin gets what it needs. For instance, skin care for men highly requires moisturizing. The skin needs to be hydrated so it can proceed in its natural processes such as cell reproduction. Skin that’s properly hydrated will not be dry or flaky and becomes more elastic, so there should be no lines even if you laugh or frown a lot.
Sun spots are another sign of aging. While moisturizing is very important in anti aging skin care, a product that’s designed to protect your skin from the sun will do the trick.
The UV rays of the sun are highly damaging. In fact, it is the main culprit for spots and other signs of premature aging. It weakens skin cells, damages the elastin fibers, etc. This is why it is very important to wear sunscreen as part of skin care for men. Your skin is not that thick and durable as you may think.
Bring Back the Elasticity
One of the things that characterize younger skin is elasticity. Skin found on the aged tends to sag easily. Folds are highly visible. To bring back the elasticity, it is important to use mens skin care products that nourish the skin cells, particularly the ones that are in the second layer which is responsible for the production of elastin. To do this, you can use skin care products that have vitamins and nutrients. It is better to also maintain a healthy diet that includes fruits and vegetables. Don’t forget that whatever you eat shows up on your skin. Eating lots of greasy foods often will leave you with oily and acne prone skin.
Fight or Manage Stress
In today’s world, one can hardly avoid stressors. Your co-worker, boss, neighbor, traffic and bad weather all contribute to higher stress levels. It’s important to learn to manage these stressors as it can end up affecting your skins health.
You might have the best anti aging skin care products and still have wrinkles. Stress can cause acne breakout and much more.
Anti aging skin care is one of the main concerns for many people. Fortunately, there are natural mens skin care products as well as home remedies to get rid of wrinkles and sun spots. Don’t forget to moisturize and protect your skin from the sun and you should be able to control the signs of aging. Avoid frowning and stress in general to maintain a younger looking skin.
Everyone is busy in today’s day and age. Whether it’s with work, affiliations, or commitments, they are all time consuming. As such, many tend to neglect and even forget to take proper care of their skin. If you neglect your skin care regime, it may result in conditions such as pigmentation, dry skin, acne break outs and more. There are many ways to maintain your skin care health, such as:
- Stay away from direct exposure to sunlight. If it cannot be avoided, at least lessen the possibility. Do not go outside from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. when the sun’s rays are most harmful. It has been proven that at this time, the sun’s rays cause skin problems or diseases such as cancer.
- Apply sun block cream. This is one of the most important skin care products to add to your regimen. Applying sun block or sunscreen will lessen the risk of many skin problems. Creams or lotions with SPF are also helpful in maintaining natural color of the skin, even when in the sun for long periods of time.
It is recommended to drink 8 to 10 glasses of water a day in order to flush away toxins from inside of the body. Toxins greatly affect the appearance of the skin. Those who have less toxins have better -looking skin.
Rehydration. A well-rehydrated skin is a healthy skin. Water is circulated throughout the body, which aids in the proper functioning of the cells.
Eat Fruits and Vegetables
Eating fruits and vegetables is proven to be effective in many ways such as:
- Having good eye sight.
- Strong bones and muscle contractions
- A healthy skin tone
Do Not Smoke
Cigarettes have many harmful substances that dry up skin cells. Those substances are foreign invaders that stress skin cells. Nicotine, for example, dehydrates the skin as well as causes dark patches to appear. Take a look at the skin of smokers, they look grey and pallid.
Clean Your Skin on a Daily Basis
- Skin is very sensitive and can be easily damaged.
- Do not take long baths. A long bath time will wash away the natural oils found on your skin drying it out.
- Always utilize mild skin care products. These gentle products clean the skin without stripping it, keeping it moisturized at the same time.
- Exfoliate and moisturize. Exfoliating and moisturizing is imperative for skin care health. These can either be naturally home-made or purchased products. Exfoliate after a bath to remove remaining dirt, and moisturize to prevent skin from drying out.
Keep Stress to a Minimum
Dermatologists have indicated that daily stresses definitely have a negative effect on skin health. Staying away from stressors will lessen stress. Less stress equals fewer impurities.
Smiling will exercise facial muscles. “A smile a day will keep wrinkles away”.
Visit a Dermatologist
No one knows the truth behind taking care of the skin as effectively as a dermatologist. Pay a visit to one and acquire the correct information about healthy skin care.
Giving importance to the skin improves confidence and over all well-being.
Due to the increasing demand for cosmetic products, businesses have begun producing all sorts of skin care products. There are so many products to be found for various uses and needs, which end up confusing the masses as to which are the safest and most effective. As there are so many products out there in the market, it has led to many utilizing the wrong types, leading to skin disorders, discoloration and even cancer. It’s always advisable to only apply specific products by following dermatologist recommendations.
According to Dr. Brandith Irwin there are many products in the market that are the same yet expensive and without much value. Dr. Bandith is a certified internal medicine doctor and dermatologist. He is also the author of The Surgery-Free Makeover: All You Need to Know for Great Skin and a Younger Face and Your Best Face: Looking Your Best without Plastic Surgery. Here is a list of skin care products recommended by Dr. Irwin:
- For anti-aging use damage and wrinkle correction creams and moisturizers
- For cleansers use CeraVe Hydrating and Eminence Lemon Cleansers. You can also use the natural way of using lemon alone as a cleanser.
- For organic products use Juicy Beauty Face Wash. You can also make use of the Eminence Tropical Vanilla Sun Cream with SPF (which stands for Sun Protector Factor) 32. This cream which has high SPF will help reduce the harmful effects of ultra-violet rays from the sun.
- For acne use Derma logical Daily Microfoliant. It is also advised by Dr. Irwin to use Topix Solvere toner.
- Facial moisturizers, use Eminence Blueberry Soy Night Recovery Cream. He also stated that there are many natural moisturizers available that do not contain harsh and harmful chemical ingredients.
- For eye products – use SkinCeuticals Eye Balm.
Advice from a Dermatologist
It’s important to note, that in order for the product to be effective, one must use it the correctly;
- Use with moderation. Women are happy when they see positive results using a certain product. As such, they may apply more than is necessary and end up causing skin dilemmas. Always adhere to the packaging instructions when applying a product to your skin.
- Read and follow instructions carefully.
- Clean skin before applying any skin product. Cleansing the skin before applying any skin product will open clogged pores and aid in scraping dirt off.
- Exfoliate – exfoliation assists in removing dirt within the pores that might block nutrients from many cosmetics to enter into the skin.
- Moisturize skin. Moisturized skin can easily absorb nutrients and also increase skin suppleness and tone.
- Apply in circular motion. Applying creams in this motion, prevents your skin from stretching and also ensures that all products are absorbed efficiently.
Consult a Dermatologist
To receive the best advice concerning your skin issues it’s always best to consult a dermatologist. They have put years of study into their craft and will advise on the best solution to fix your skin problems. They can also assist in determining your skin type, from:
- Oily skin
- Dry skin
- Sensitive skin
- Aging or Sun-damaged skin
Once you skin type has been established, they will be able to recommend the perfect products for your skins needs and type.
Human skin is the largest organ in the body composed of 1.6 million cells where the numbers of skin cells vary. Skin plays an important role in protecting the body from foreign invaders and in absorbing essential nutrients. As skin cells fight for the protection of the body, they die and begin to fall off. As such, it’s essential for people to understand the importance of dead skin care.
Why there are Dead Skin Cells
Dead skin is unpreventable and no one can deny suffering from the condition, as skin is composed of a multitude of cells which are bonded to each other by the protein called Laminin. Skin has the property of producing new cells in the boundary of the epidermis and dermis. As the new cells are generated, they push their way gradually to the top layer of the skin. When the cells reach the top, they die and fall off. Many times though, they remain on the top layer of the skin and affect other cell functions as well. Those dead, deep-seated skin cells might clog pores preventing sweat from evaporating and from essential oils from lubricating and hydrating your skin. In order to prevent such consequences, there are ways to take care of dead skin cells.
Exfoliating is a process of removing such cells. It also encourages the production of new cells to be formed. Procedures:
- Take a bath regularly – this is actually the most natural way of exfoliating the skin.
- Use a stone or body sponge and scrub the body
- Use an exfoliating astringent – apply it after bath; this will help in removing dead skin cells that cannot be removed otherwise.
- Use exfoliating cream – this cream is advisable to apply before going to sleep at night; it helps in removing dead skin cells and lessens their appearance over time. Exfoliating at night will help the skin in generating new skin cells because the body does most of its regeneration during this time.
- Get enough sleep – a good sleeping habit will help the body in the detox process. Sleeping at least 8 to 10 hours a day will make a difference in your skin’s appearance.
Exfoliation may strip the skin making it feel dry. Moisturizing assists in preventing it from drying out and flaking. Utilize skin care products which contain vitamin B as this will aid in making your skin glow. It is also helpful to use moisturizing cream with glycerin, as it contains enzymes that promote healthy and naturally beautiful skin. Most beauty products do contain glycerin.
For oily skin, do not apply moisturizing cream. The oil is a natural substance that moisturizes your skin. Instead, wash your body, specifically the face area frequently to avoid an oily break out. Too much oil will absorb dirt and increase skin impurities.
Natural Ways in Taking Care of the Skin
Using natural remedies is an effective and cost saving way of taking care of one’s skin, while at the same time ensuring that your skin is not in contact with any harsh chemicals.
Many of the top skin care products found in the market today are 100% natural. It’s always advisable to conduct detailed research on a product before purchasing it.
Women are very conscious about their skin. They try everything that they think might help in order for them to look their best. A study has proven that teenagers who wear cosmetic products have harmful chemicals in their urine and blood. This study was conducted while testing the urine and blood of white, black, Asian and ethnic teenagers. The purpose was to find out about the dangers of cosmetics.
Through the findings, they have gathered that many young people are suffering from endocrine disruptions. Teenagers are experimenting with lotions, makeup, lipsticks, eye shadows, perfumes, creams, astringents and soaps; this is especially prevalent in adolescents. An alarming increase of consciousness among young women can also be the reason why there are so many of these harmful products on the shelves today. Some of the dangers include:
- Increased reproductive and developmental problems – Problems associated in reproductive and development caused by the chemical called phthalates found in some cosmetic products.
- Increases the risk of having asthma and allergies – The chemicals found in cosmetic products can increase the possibility of asthma and allergies. Due to the following ingredients, asthma and allergies may be triggered in persons pre-disposed to them:
- Strong fragrances in perfumes, soaps, shampoo, colognes, deodorants, creams and make-up.
- Very thick liquid products.
- Lubricated products.
- Cosmetic products with a strong color.
- Increases the risk of cancer – Cosmetics damage can be very risky. Those types of products also increase the risk of having cancer. The chemicals in soaps and other products have found to be a cancer cell generating enzymes. Here is the list of substances that may cause cancer:
- Artificial colors
- Hair dyes
Always ensure you are ware of all the ingredients found within the products you are using in order to prevent such mishaps.
Minimize the Risk
- Read the instructions on the package of every cosmetic product.
- Do not use it directly on a large surface of the skin. Do a testing in a small portion of your body and see if there is any reaction. If you feel uncomfortable, do not use it.
- Skin care products should be placed in a cool place around 30 degrees Celsius; keep it away from direct exposure to sunlight.
- Do not share cosmetics with others. They may have skin disorders which you may pick up.
- Wash your hands before using any product. Always do this to avoid direct contact with dirt to any part of your body, especially your face.
- Do not spray perfumes directly onto your body, spray at least 12 inches apart from it or onto your clothes.
- Place cosmetic products where it cannot be reached by children.
- Stay away from a burning flame when spraying as this will prevent the danger of fire.
- Use with moderation. Do not use cosmetics if not needed. Apply only if necessary and according to the recommendations given by your dermatologist or package instructions.
- Consult an expert, especially a dermatologist. The use of proper skin care products will vary on their recommendations.
People want to look good and beautiful, but are afraid of using expensive skin care products. Nowadays, there are tons of skin care creams that are expensive and ineffective. But do not worry, trying to remain beautiful is no longer a dream, due to the myriad of cost effective all natural skin care habits and products that can be maintained and purchased.
Good Sleeping Habits
Scientists have proved that from 9:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m., skin generates cells. So sleeping around this time will ensure glowing and healthy skin. A solid sleeping habit also promotes positive health and strengthens the functions of internal organs.
Exercise is imperative in maintaining healthy and naturally kissed skin. During exercise, as one sweat’s it causes the pores to de-clog and results in them opening and preventing an acne break out. Studies indicate that athletes, who are physically active, have better skin than those who do not. Therefore, it’s advisable to exercise for at least 30 minutes a day.
Dermatologists advise, that your outside appearance reflects the state on your internal body and its functioning. Meaning, what your skin looks like, actually reflects what you eat. Stay away from having too much sugar, and other processed and oily foods. Drink 8 to 10 glasses of water as prescribed by doctors as this will helps in flushing away toxins from out of the body. Eat food that is rich and high in vitamins, these will assist in your skin having a natural light to it. Fruits and vegetables are proven in being effective with promoting good skin health; they also have many anti-aging properties.
Taking a bath everyday will clean the skin. Make sure to clean skin gently with a loofah or sponge. Your skin is very sensitive and can be easily damaged.
Prepare All Natural Skin Care Recipes at Home
- Combine 1 tablespoon of honey with 1 tablespoon of coffee, mix well. Scrub it all over the body. Leave it for 30 minutes then rinse well.
- Make a Baking Soda Paste. Combine around 1 tablespoon of baking soda to 8 oz of water. Mix well until it becomes paste. Baking soda paste is advisable to apply in dark areas of the skin like the elbow, knees and other parts. Applying this paste will get rid of dead skin cells and acne marks as well as lightens up dark areas.
- Mix brown sugar to oil (any kind of oil will do). Scrub all over your body and rinse thoroughly.
- Combine ½ tablespoon of honey, ½ tablespoon of lemon juice (calamansi juice will do) and half of a regular sized avocado. Apply it all to the face, leave for over 30 minutes and rinse well with water.
There are many skin care creams and skin care products that are manufactured commercially as well, and are just as effective in treating and maintaining your skin care regimen. These products and creams are 100% natural and paraben free.
All the tips and natural ways stated above are cheap and effective. So taking care of yourself does not need you to break the bank. With commercially manufactured products, you will not have to worry about harsh chemicals within the creams that may damage it. You now have many options to look younger while growing old by the use of these natural ways of taking care of your skin.
Skincare product reviews give you the chance to read about them before you purchase them. You are not only acquainted with the product’s ingredients and market ratings but you also have the opportunity to read feedback from users of the various skin creams and other skincare treatments. Through this way you can gauge if the product you are browsing through is meant for you. When a review rates a product very highly, it gives you more reason to find out more about it and invest in it.
So when reading reviews, try and find out all the things that would interest you in a product – for instance, what quantity is being offered to you at a certain price when compared to other options. This serves as added value and there are only two ways of finding out – by using the product yourself or reading opinions of those who have already used them. So feel free to read the product review of any cosmetic you want to buy before experimenting with it on your own. Take care of your skin; it is very sensitive after all!
Advantages of Skin Cream Reviews
They help you figure out what kind of specialized skin treatments are effective and which ones fail to show results – and you can understand all this without subjecting your skin to products that may not be suitable for your skin type. Cosmetic products are usually very expensive so why waste money on products you have not tried before when you can read about them and know what to get instead!
Since not all types of a skincare treatment are not made from the same ingredients and not made for all kinds of skin either, a review helps you study what each skin cream has to offer so you can make your choice wisely. Also, if you are picking a product because of a particular skin condition, the a review on the product can really help since in this case your skin must definitely be kept secure from experimenting with random creams that could just worsen the state of your skin.
The Importance of Reliable Product Reviews
With time, your skin may start looking old and lose its glow, making you feel older and less attractive. That is when you want to take to using a skincare treatment that will help you feel younger and beautiful by banishing tell-tale signs of aging. A lot of people feel so helpless, they are not even afraid of experimenting, as long as they see the desired results at the earliest of moments. However, such experiments may not always pay off and you can cause more damage than repairing, which is why it is important that you find reliable articles and read through product reviews before making your decision to purchase.
With the wide range of skincare treatments in the market, it is quite possible you would be left feeling confused and clueless about what item to purchase. Alongside your own research online, always hear out friends or family members as well as skincare experts about what products are available and have shown effective results.
Skin is the most delicate and fragile organ of the human body. It undergoes lot of changes due to unavoidable external circumstances and consistently loses its moisture, softness and suppleness. These changes can make our skin dry, chapped and in extreme cases it may even have cracks and fissure with bleeding. Thankfully, skin treatment for dry chapped skin is available, which are effective in curing and reversing these skin changes.
Dryness and chapping are mostly visible on face, hands and legs as they are most exposed to environmental changes. Although most of us apply moisturizer body lotions, petroleum jelly and sunscreens on the visible dry areas of the body, but due to wrong selection of products, lifestyle and lack of time, we are unable to follow a strict and deep skin care regimen. Make sure not to experiment with any or every over-the-counter product on your skin, without knowing or reading the product review. Overuse of an incorrect selected product can further harm the condition of the skin, making it difficult to treat.
We should always treat our skin by degrees and according to skin type with intensive skin treatment and advanced products. This can be taken care of by identifying the cause, adequate home care or prevention and advanced skin treatments which can reverse the damages.
Identify the causes
We all know that skin is the outermost layer of our body. In extreme weather changes, lack of sleep, repeated diseases, lifestyle and incorrect selection of skin products, our skin can become dry and chapped. These causes can irritate, dehydrate, weaken skin cells and damage outer and inner skin layers resulting in chapping. In some cases, chapping can be hereditary and due to unknown causes. Negligence or inadequate care can permanently damage the sebaceous ducts and sebum leading in cracks, fissures, bleeding, psoriasis and many other skin conditions. Identifying the causes and preventing them at an early stage with appropriate skin care products is the best solution. Make sure to read a product review, which indicates the experience of a user, who has similar dry chapped skin issue.
Identifying and Preventing early skin changes
The best way to keep skin soft and supple is by identifying your skin type and re hydrate skin by using good skin care products after checking their product review. Do not forget to have appropriate sleep, drink lots of water and eat many colourful fruits and vegetables. Those who are prone to extreme dryness and chapping in winter and even summer should take preventive measures to replenish the moisture and oil content of their skin. You should avoid harsh soaps, hot long baths, steam and detergent exposure on the hands and feet. You can also use a good SPF moisturizing sunscreen before going outside and avoid long sun exposure.
Intervening with Advanced Treatments
Once the skin changes have progressed to the extreme dryness and chapping, home care will be insufficient to treat chapped skin. It is best to consult a skin specialist or cosmetologist for effective skin treatment. Ideally, there are 4 stages in such treatments :
- Cleansing: Skin experts guide first stage cleaning with pure water or lactic acid cleansers, until healing begins.
- 3rd degree moisturizing remedy: Next to cleansing, moisturizing with a cosmetic product that has propylene glycol or urea for soothing any pain.
- 2nd degree moisturizing remedy: In extreme dry skin case, dermatologists advise 2 steps of moisturizing after cleansing. Use a cosmetic oil product that has sesame or almond or any other light oil. Once it gets absorbed, follow it with the 3rd degree moisturizing remedy.
- 1st degree moisturizing remedy: In worst case of dryness and chapping, intense moisturizing with lanolin-based products followed by balm on the hands and face can be helpful in soothing chapping.
Leading Dermatologists and Cosmetologists also suggest an early intervention before our skin loses its suppleness, softness and elasticity. The above mentioned skin treatments might a lot to take in, but awareness and timely intervention can make a visibly felt improvement in skin dryness and chapping. We must always follow a skin expert’s advice on using a new skin product.
Ask any woman what makes a person beautiful and most will tell you clear, soft and smooth skin is the beginning of beauty. Go on and ask what they dread most in terms of their looks and most will answer sagging, lining and wrinkling- in one word…aging.
To hold on to youth, women often fall prey and spend a lot of money on products and procedures that promise to turn back the hands of time. The truth is nothing can stop ageing. It is possible however, to prevent premature ageing and delay the signs of it.
What can be done?
There are various brands of anti-aging products some of which are endorsed by international celebrities who actually look younger than they are which makes the endorsements so convincing. The thing is to be realistic about what these products can do. High quality skin care beauty products for mature skin that are based on scientific research do make a difference. One way to find out what works and what doesn’t is to constantly read a skin care product review, in this case specifically those on an anti-aging cream or other product that promises to turn back the hands of time.
There are also procedures like Botox, face-lifts, chemical peeling, laser skin rejuvenation and tissue tightening. These procedures are available to make one look younger. With Botox, an injectable drug (not wrinkle filler) is injected just under the skin to keep muscles from tightening so that wrinkles don’t show, most commonly between the brows.
There is also tissue tightening which is non-invasive. Using light and radio frequencies as well as its combinations, this procedure tightens or lifts lax, sagging or wrinkles skin. It works based on the principle that medium to deep heating of skin can cause both immediate collagen contraction and bring about new collagen production within 4 or 6 months. It can be done on eyelids, abdomen and thighs. With injectable cosmetic fillers, whose effects last for about 6 months, fillers of various types and combinations are used to minimize crows’ feet, laugh lines, forehead furrows and wrinkles to give a smoother appearance.
It is important to tread very cautiously indeed as far as these treatments are concerned. The danger of these procedures is that they can go horribly and sometimes irreversibly wrong. They can leave one worse than they were before. It is always a personal decision and people should make informed choices. Most people don’t: they choose to undergo these procedures with a sense of desperation. Do take time to get correct, unbiased information from a dermatologist and also read relevant and an independent product review.
One thing that people can do that is safe and effective in order to delay aging is to protect the skin against the sun’s rays. Sun protection is the most important factors to consider from childhood. The sun is the biggest culprit when it comes premature aging. Unprotected exposure is what causes aging like mottled skin, freckles or spots that turn into sun spots as well as lines and uneven tone or pigmentation. Again, product reviews will help you to separate the wheat from the chaff.